The thoracic spine is often the missing link to solving not only neck and shoulder pain – but also back pain.
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the anatomy of the thoracic spine; with particular focus on the mechanics of the costovertebral and costotransverse joints.
You will learn
- How to assess and treat the cervical and thoracic spine in a functional sitting position
- The anatomical reasons why 01/C/C2 needs to be addressed as part of any shoulder pain treatment
- Eye/neck stabilising and strengthening exercises
- Techniques to treat ribs 1 – 7
- Quick tips for the client to learn how to downtrain phasic muscles prior to commencing stability work
- Significant trigger points and basic myofascial releases to treat shoulder pain
- Fun Innovative stretches, stability and strengthening exercises for the cervical and thoracic spine and the shoulder that ensure patient compliance
- Simple taping techniques to pain relief as well as for postural correction
- To identify if the thoracic spine is hyper or hypomobile and how to alter your rib mobilisation techniques accordingly
- Neural techniques for the thoracic spine; using upper and lower limb tension tests to determine if thoracic spine dysfunction is influencing these.
If you find treating the neck, shoulder and rib pain challenging – you will really enjoy this course. You will be able to use the techniques you learn in your clinical practice immediately.
Course Date: TBC (1.5 days)
Course Fee: $770 - includes DVD of all the Neck & Shoulder soft tissue techniques covered in the course.