An anatomy review and succinct overview of the research on the core muscles including transverse abdominus, pelvic floor and deep hip stabilisers will be covered.
- How to use RTUS to assess TA, PF and basic hip (Quadratus femoris) assessment.
- Helpful cues to retrain TA/PF/Quad femoris
- How to downtrain phasic to ensure stability muscles can engage, recruit and automate
- Neural testing of both the upper and lower limb to ensure stability muscles are not pain inhibited by either a local or distal factor.
- Palpation of multifidus and clinical tips to assess if it is inhibited including perturbation.
- Using directional bias to improve muscle recruitment
- Stability training; the basics and how to progress this to functional strengthening using research based instability tests to monitor progress
- Using basic gym equipment including band, beam and ball to progress stability exercises
At the completion of this course you will be confident to use RTUS in your clinical sessions. You will have the opportunity to assess core and hip stability muscles to identify what is normal and typical clinical presentations.
You do not need to own a RTUS machine to benefit from this workshop. You will have the opportunity to trial different models of RTUS machines.
It is a very practical course and is suitable for any practitioner wanting to improve their stability assessment and retraining.
FREE: you will receive a copy of The Back Pain Handbook E-book when you enrol in this course.
Here’s what our students had to say…
“Wonderful, extensive, a lot to think about” – S.O’hare
”This is a fantastic Course for those already using RTUS to expand on skills and those wanting to start using it. Very informative and lots of practical time.” – Sarah. W
“I really enjoyed it – the Course got my brain thinking broadly, Laterally and in detail” – Tonya Hohn
“Excellent, very practical / hands on (not letting us leave until we are confident using the machine) Francine is so passionate, she inspires you to think more!” – Laura Mercer (Southside Physiotherapy& Sports Injury Centre)
“Very thorough class with a good balance of theory and practical. Loved the exercises. Some great ideas for the back.” – David Ryan (Encompass Healthcare)